COVID-19 News & Information
Latest update: Aug. 12, 2020
We are continually monitoring this situation, especially as it relates to our clients. Information will be added and updated as it becomes available. Sign up for our email newsletter to receive email updates.
Many of the links below are to articles our team has created to help explain the business, tax and HR changes brought about due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Some links are from outside sources. Before acting on any advice, we encourage you to reach out to our team or another expert source familiar with your business to discuss the potential impact.
Business Management, Tax & HR Information
- Additional Rules Announced for PPP Loan Forgivess: The new law extends the time period companies have to spend Payroll Protection Program (PPP) loan funds from eight weeks to 24 weeks. See the article for additional key points.
- Two New Rules Announced for PPP Loan Forgiveness: The Small Business Administration released additional guidance on Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) loan forgiveness. Some highlights from the two rules are outlined in this post.
- PPP Loan Forgiveness Application Now Available: The SBA has issued an application that provides additional information on the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) loan forgiveness process. The application provides detailed instructions on how to calculate the loan forgiveness amount and provides clarification on timing, limitations and eligible costs.
- Agricultural businesses impacted by COVID-19 are now eligible to apply for the Small Business Administration’s Economic Injury Disaster Loans.
- CARES Act SBA Loan Updates: The CARES Act provides additional funding and resources to the U.S. Small Business Association for a new program called the Paycheck Protection Program, which is authorized to provide federally-guaranteed loans to small businesses.
- CARES Act Information for Individuals: See our general overview of key provisions for individuals.
- CARES Act Information for Businesses: See our general overview of key provisions for businesses.
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act Information for Small Businesses: See the Department of Labor's FAQs for business with fewer than 50 employees.
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act: The Families First Coronavirus Response Act provides expanded family and medical leave and emergency paid sick leave to qualifying employees, along with tax credits to employers providing the leave for specific reasons related to COVID-19. These provisions will apply from April 1 through December 31, 2020.
- FFCRA Employee Caring for Family Member Flowchart
- FFCRA Child Care Leave Flowchart
- FFCRA Workplace Closure/Shelter-in-Place Flowchart
- FFCRA Employee's Own Health Condition Flowchart
- COVID-19 Pandemic Poses Complex HR Policy Questions: Questions from employers and employees about coronavirus pandemic are multiplying almost as fast as the virus itself. Employers need to rely on a combination of authoritative legal and medical advice, and their own common sense, to keep employees safe.
- How to Manage COVID-19-Related Business Risks: The coronavirus outbreak has had a crippling effect on the global economy. Here are eight proactive steps to consider to help your business stay afloat.
Operations Information for Shultz Huber & Associates
Our hours of operation are 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Monday-Thursday and 8 a.m.-noon on Friday.
Below is a list of ways you can send or receive documents electronically. We have a drop box or other means of dropping off information available at each location.
- Online client portal: If you’re not already registered for our 24/7 secure online portal, contact your accountant. Registered users can use the client login link.
- Secure file exchange: We can provide you with a secure link in an e-mail to upload documents securely via, and we can email you information securely, through Citrix Share File. Please do not use normal email to send documents with sensitive information.
- The U.S. Postal Service is also a good option.
- Area Counties Offer Grants for Businesses (added 8.12.20)
- US Chamber of Commerce small business emergency loans & checklist
- Required posting for businesses with non-federal employees
- FAQs on the required posting
- Ohio Job & Family Services Unemployment Information - Employees
- Ohio Job & Family Services Unemployment Information - Employers
- Ohio Job & Family Services Mass Layoff Form Information
- Ohio Health Insurance Flexibility Bulletin
- Follow the State of Ohio's response to COVID-19
- Learn more about COVID-19
- Find details on transmission, symptoms, prevention and treatment